Me kori tonu
Thursday 11 October
Today is a very good day for fishing, eeling and crayfishing, and a good day for planting which means it’s a great day to Be Active! Getting outside and exercising is good for your overall health and wellbeing and strengthens your connection with nature.
Remember to encourage people to be as physically active as their fitness and mobility allow. You don’t have to run a marathon to be active!
- Enjoy the fresh air and play! Notice the trees, clouds and sky.
- Climb your maunga/mountain or swim in your awa/river or moana/sea.
- Join in on a team sport and meet people at the same time – tennis, bowls, touch rugby, fishing, hunting or waka ama.
- Bring activity into the everyday. E.g. Use the stairs instead of the elevator, walk to colleagues to talk with them instead of phoning and get off the bus one stop earlier than your stop.
- Take a whānau walk after dinner. Let family members take turns to choose where to go.
- Dive into nature so she can give you sustenance!